Wednesday 17 October 2007

I'd give a right head-kicking to . . .

. . . National Savings for not telling us loud and clear on their damned website that signing on to Premium Bonds on line and paying that minute by Switch card actually slows things down so utterly stupidly.

Why?

Because you then have to wait for them, the boring arseholes, to send you a form to sign and then you have to send it back to them, and only then do your bonds get into the running.

So I might as well have gone to the Post Office, signed and posted all on that first day when I cashed in my Northern Rock account and decided to invest it in our stupid government.

The outcome of all this is that I lost more or less a week while all this post went backwards and forewards. It takes a month for Premium Bonds to get into the action in the first place.

BorING. Typical government ineptitude.

And now how do I know that someone in the Post Office isn't just going to dump the mail bag with that signature in it, like everything else that goes missing?

No comments: