Thursday 26 February 2009

I would squeeze Sir Fred . . .

. . . till he begins to get the message that some of us who have ordinary jobs like nurses, paramedics, shop assistants, teachers, office workers have very, very, very little pensions for a lifetime of slog, and this situation is going to fuel flames. As one of us said to me yesterday, "I was born with nowt, and I've still got most of it left."

My pension is going to be £9,000 a year and his is going to be £693,000. If you are interested, that is £13,300 a week for the rest of his life. Let me put that into words: it means that he is only 50 years old now, but he is going to be able to draw out thirteen thousand and three hundred pounds a week for the rest of his life. Imagine how many pensioners would be thrilled to be able to draw out just the three hundred pounds a week, and let the thirteen thousand pounds go. Think what you could pay for for three hundred pounds a week.

I reckon I've worked as hard as him all my life, so why is he going to get 77 times more pension than I get? I mean twice my pension I could probably live with, but 77 times my pension is a bit much.

We are a disgustingly unequal society. So, in fact, if I were Queen, once I'd finished squeezing him very hard indeed, I'd probably encourage my subjects to have a bloody, burning revolution just as soon as it's warm enough to get outside. She probably prefers us to her shitty government that has allowed this state of affairs to develop on Brown's watch.

No comments: